StatCounter

Don't Use my Email Addy for Your Personal Agenda!!!!

Don't get me wrong: I love receiving emails. What I don't love, though, is when the sender publicly displays people's email addys when doing large emailings or mailings to a group of unrelated people. You'd think they'd know how to use the bcc function. To me, it signifies blatant disrespect because there's no regard to privacy.

This hasn't happened to me in years. Since then, there was a slippage several months ago where the sender accidentally did not bcc the recipients. However, I met all the people on the list so I didn't make a fuss. And she never did it again.

Some woman who was on that list, not even a friend or an acquaintance, recently sent a mass email about some nonsense occurring in her life that she couldn't wait to advertise on youtube. Without my permission, she stole my email addy from that slippage event and used it for her own venal purposes. I never never never would've given this lunatic access to me or allowed her to let strangers access to me. I let her slide the first time, considering it was a one-off. But, today, when I got that public email, I went ballistic.

It's not nice to fuck with the Bubbameistah.





Well, I decided to show tit for tat. If she can use my email without my permission, hello world! I sent EVERYONE on that list the following:



Just to let you know: Men, eDating and Mast*****ion is only $1.99 on smashwords!


Read the book deemed "HILARIOUS!" by the author of "Five-Star FLEECING".

Men, eDating and Mast*****ion is the parody of dating books and blogs, dispensing slanted advice for women seeking romance on the web. Best of all, Men, eDating and Mast*****ion is the first of a five-part series where online romance is turned into fine-tuned comedy!


Evidently, I struck hard. To maintain her anonymity, I'll dub her CRAZY LUNATIC who wrote me back:


Thank you for the link to your book.  I appreciate having it.
But please don't use my addresses to copy it to.  There are friends among them who will not appreciate receiving it.  And they are my personal addresses, not public contacts.  Please delete them from your list.All best,
CRAZY LUNATIC 


Of course, I went ballistic. CRAZY LUNATIC stole my email addy & dared to write me this!


Ah, CRAZY LUNATIC -

That's why we use the BCC feature! From now on, please do not copy my PERSONAL email addy to your public emails. Only 15 ppl have it outside of YOUR friends.


And now you'll understand what I was up against:

Ah, Maura -

My emails are not public, and only go to friends and family.  I made the mistaken assumption that no one on my list would ever consider using my addresses for their own means.  I will remove you, as requested.


What a moron! Or perhaps, only she can use my addy for her own means, but I can't do as well. Belatedly, I realized that old adage is true: To argue with a CRAZY LUNATIC makes you one as well! So, I thought I'd leave her with a tender note and exit gracefully. After all, she does have my email addy!


It's good. Thank you. I never gave you permission to use my email at all, even for your friends and family. Don't worry, I won't ever email them again. 



# # #

This is a work of fiction. Names, character, places, and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.


No comments: