StatCounter

Almost a Full Circle - a Very Brief Posting







Life sure throws curveballs. Thirty years ago I was fired for insubordination at a place where I worked for nearly 6 years. It was a wrongful firing. They should've fired my ass for stupidity. I got too complacent, anyhow, staying there as long as I did. I sued and won, but the court gave me a pittance because, by that time, I made triple of my former earnings.

For years after that ignominious ending to a dead-end career, I had nightmares that my division head re-hired me. Just to fire me again.

Imagine my surprise today when I received an email from him. Wanting to get together, inviting me to lunch or dinner at my convenience. What makes it even more bothersome is that I patterned a character after him in one of my multiple manuscripts.

I'm still debating: should I or shouldn't I...


# # #



This is a work of fiction. Names, character, places, and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

No comments: