StatCounter

Why is amazon.com Cockblocking Reviews of my Books: The Larger They Are, the Harder They Fall

I've been gnashing my teeth over this one: over the past 8 months, readers have contacted me letting me know how much they enjoy my first novel, Five-Star FLEECING. I begged them to put their positive comments on the site where they purchased it, namely, amazon.com. Not much ensued.


I've been railing for a long time now that, for a book that sold over 10,000 copies, won awards, literary acclaim, only 11 reviews were posted. WTF is that? I guess my readers weren't impressed.

But, why do I continue to receive lovely emails?

Because, mes amis, I found out that amazon.com has been cockblocking almost all positive reviews of my book.

How do I know?

Avid fans have EMAILED me, FB messaged me, and TWEETED me about it.

Then my friend and I did a dry run.

Sure enough, amazon.com rejected the positive review. At least, after complaining to amazon.com for weeks, that was a step up. They never before sent emails out rejecting the reviews to my readers. My readers were puzzled and surprised to see their comments were never posted.

It's nice to know that amazon.com does everything it can to ensure that I'll die obscure in poverty. It's not only with Five-Star FLEECING - it's with ALL my books!!!!

Amazon does whatever they can to make sure scammers sell piece of shit books by placing hundreds of bogus 5-star reviews. Something which I wrote about earlier in another blog posting: The Dubious Honor of Reviewing a Few Pages

All I want to know is: who is it in amazon.com did I fuck over for them to fuck me over like this? C'mon, coward, show your face!


# # #

PS: This is the email I received this morning from the Executive Office, a very nice formatted one:

Hi Maura,,

I'm Coria Kent of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations team. Jeff Bezos received your email and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration caused by reviews not being posted for your book - we take the removal of customer reviews very seriously.

As our Customer Service team mentioned, we're unable to tell you why the reviews were removed from our website; that information can only be discussed with the person who wrote each review. The reasons for review removal previously provided by Customer Service are correct:

1. The review conflicted with our posted guidelines http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines/.
2. The review was removed at the request of the customer who submitted the review.
3. We discovered that multiple items were linked together on our website incorrectly. Reviews that were posted on those pages were removed when the items were separated on the site.

Maura, thank you for taking the time to write to us and for your interest in Amazon.com.


Regards,

Coria A. Kent
Executive Customer Relations
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

New new update!
So, now I got one more review added! As follows:


Well, Coria -

You want evidence? I'd like to know who it is in your organization I must've pissed off to sabotage me like this. You can't tell me that amazon.com is that incompetent?

This guy messaged me for the 8th time on FB. This is the 5th time he's been trying to post a good review of my book. 

So, tell me the excuse now!

F I V E  T I M E S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


--

Maura Stone


Maura_s Review.jpgMaura_s Review.jpg



Amazon.com Executive Customer Relations ecr-replies@amazon.com
11:05 AM (11 hours ago)

Hi Maura,

I'm glad to see the review you forwarded over the weekend has been posted.

As for the review you've referred to below, we're unable to say why it's been removed or not posted. Like I'd previously mentioned, we can only discuss that information with the person who submitted the review. If you're in contact with that person, please ask them to contact us if they have further questions.

Maura, I realize this is disappointing and not the information you were hoping to received. While I can sympathize with your frustration, there is no additional information we're able to provide on this issue. Further inquiries on this issue won't receive a response, but our Customer Service team will be glad to help with any unrelated questions you may have.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon.com.

Regards,

Coria A. Kent
Executive Customer Relations
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
==========


# # #


Guess that did the trick! Now my reviews are posted. Amen.


This blog and all its posts are a work of fiction. Names, character, places, and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.




2 comments:

maura stone said...

I posted this piece nearly 2 years ago. Since then, only 14 reviews were posted. After I went through hell with amazon refusing to pay me royalties of this and my other books, I yanked everything off except Five-Star.

Instead, I use the highly reputable smashwords.com as a platform for selling ebooks as they’re honest and interact with their authors/publishers.

Insofar as Cheri Blossum’s “Secrets & Seduction” - you gotta purchase it directly from me through: WinSPublications@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.