StatCounter

Thank You Readers, But I May be Closed Down on June 30, 2013




I received this email from blogger last night:



          Important Update to Adult Content Policy on Blogger        
                         
You are receiving this message because you are the admin of a blog hosted on Blogger which is identified to have Adult content.
Please be advised that on June 30th 2013, we will be updating our Content Policy to strictly prohibit the monetization of Adult content on Blogger. After June 30th 2013, we will be enforcing this policy and will remove blogs which are adult in nature and are displaying advertisements to adult websites.
If your adult blog currently has advertisements which are adult in nature, you should remove them as soon as possible as to avoid any potential Terms of Service violation and/or content removals.
Sincerely,
The Blogger Team                  
        
                                                  

          © 2013 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Blogger product or account.


I've no idea what it means. Confused, I went on the blogger website. O M F G!

I spent 2 1/2 hours navigating through every fucking topic on their support and still couldn't find this topic. So, I phoned google's headquarters in CA: 1-650-253-0000 and they told me to go back online in the support page.

I told them I couldn't find my topic and they said they can't help me.

I then went to the community page and 67 other confused bloggers who, incidentally, are also writers, ask these questions:


1. Do they want those of us who write adult content to stop using Adsense?
2. Do our books which we advertise on our blog constitute adult content and are we prohibited to advertise our books although they're sold on amazon, barnes & noble, kobo, iTunes, smashwords, etc?
3. Do they want to prohibit us from using adult content?
4. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM US?

I sent emails to: webmaster@google.com, blogger.com & blogspot.com.

TRUST ME I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH!!!


So, in case they shut me down, perhaps with the aid of NSA, it was nice writing for you!!!


-Maura Stone



# # #

















No comments: