StatCounter

Don’t You Have Anything Better to Do?

One Day’s Worth of Littering


My major complaint for the past several years is that I don’t have enough time in the day to do what I need to do, namely write and edit. Part of the problem is that I get side-tracked with other projects. The other part is that I don’t have the energy.

For the past three weeks, I’ve been working on my website. While it’s a giant learning curve which I enjoy, the bad part is that it kills my eyes. Incrementally, I’m getting the job done. I would say at a snail’s pace.

Which is why I’m jealous that people in my community have so much free time. Free enough to go past my house - out of the way in the middle of nowhere - on a daily basis for the past month and a half to dump garbage onto my property and that of my neighbors'. I mean, it takes a lot of effort to drive past our places when no one is here. It may entail more than one pass. Not to mention the aim in tossing garbage out of the truck window and accuracy in their aim.  In addition, timing is crucial as not to get caught.

I guess there’s a message in this determined/demented littering. I’ve no idea except that the jerk(s) involved:

(1) Abuse their job(s) to take the time to stalk us;
(2) Waste gas money for their truck to go round and round our block (thankfully, gas prices have gone down otherwise they would’ve been broke by now);
(3) Possess an unhealthy obsession about us;
(4) Are chickenshits not to confront us directly to express the torments and devils ricocheting in their minuscule brains that would cause them to spend money, time, energy and effort to litter on a daily basis on our properties for the past month and a half;
(5) Get off sexually from doing this;
and,
(6) Have nothing whatsoever going on in their lives.

Because, if they had other things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t spend the time, energy, money and exertion to toss garbage when no one is around. Gee, thoughts of us must really take up all the finite space in their minds!

Well, I have to admit, outside of seeing the litter strewn all over the place, I don’t take much time mulling over which local lunatic went on a bender and targeted us. For I’m thankful to be uppermost in someone’s syphilitic mind otherwise I wouldn’t have anything to blog about since I’m engrossed with my website.

This reminds me of a story (oh no!). A long time ago before cell phones, IDs on landlines and *69, I was friends with an office colleague. The more I got to know her, the more I wanted not to. This was the icing on the cake:

“Want to make some hang up phone calls?” she asked one afternoon while I was over her house.

Now, we were in our 30’s and this was the furthest thing from my mind. I really wanted to go shopping.

“What do you mean?” I asked, taken aback.

She smiled. “When I get angry, I make hang up phone calls.” Then she smirked and I got the hell out of there.

Let me tell you, that was one angry and crazy broad. Instead of confronting the people who did her wrong, she resorted to tormenting their families and lovers.

I’m a much better person than her for I lash out in this blog and call it, “literature.”


# # #

PS: What makes this even more distasteful is that this is a community of middle-aged and senior citizens. 

No comments: