StatCounter

Satire is a Serious Matter Today


Why aren’t gays & Catholics rioting & slaughtering the magazine staff?



Or, for that matter, Jews:





My romance with social satire was bred into me. Besides the family tradition of comedy, my father gave me a one-year subscription when I was 11 to Punch and Judy, a satirical magazine straight from England. Even though I didn’t understand a lot of the politics, I enjoyed the flavor of the magazine. The subscription was renewed an additional year or two until my parents realized that it was a bit over my head.

At 19, when I lived in Paris, I fell in love with Le Canard Enchaine and Charlie Hebdo, both satirical French magazines lampooning politics, religions, culture, etc. Again, even though I didn’t understand a lot of the politics, I got the gist. Some articles were out and out hysterical. That’s when I fell in love with Georges Wolinski, cartoonist from Charlie Hebdo. I still have several of his books from back then.

So, it is with a lot of sadness that I heard this early morning about the slaughter of the staff at Charlie Hebdo. All because jihadist terrorists were outraged by Mohammed cartoons.

Holy fuck.

This is Paris, for fuck’s sake, not Sana’a. However, it’s no longer the Paris I knew and loved 40 years ago. In fact, Europe’s no longer recognizable as the suburbs in France, Norway, Sweden, Italy and England to name just a few countries are off-limits to the non-Muslim population. But the Libtards here believe I’m lying.

They toss out the word, Islamaphobic along with accusations of being a monochromatic dresser possessing an unerring ability to clear out a room in less than 10 seconds. That’s because I descry the idiocy of the Libtard who doesn’t get that this is not a religion, but an ideology. To go against anything in this religion is to become targeted. Which is why I highly respect Ms. Brigitte Gabriel who has the courage to speak out against Islam:




Today, my publisher warned her writers - almost all of us social satirists - to be cautious in how we satirize for we, as well, may be targeted by terrorists when we criticize current political situations. She bravely wrote, “I come from a journalism background so no one is going to tell me what to write and what not to write or what to publish and what not to publish.”

I wrote back, “Oh well. I’ve more problems with the people in my town than crazy ass jihadists.”


In memory of:

Stephane Charbonnier, alias “Charb” 
Jean Cabut, alias “Cabu” 
Bernard Tignou 
Georges Wolinski



# # #

No comments: