StatCounter

Isn’t the Alicia Florrick Character a Bit... BORING?






I watch a lot of tv shows (with subtitles due to my hearing issues). Yet, one show mystifies me:


THE GOOD WIFE


I just don’t get the Julianna Margulies character at all. Either she’s so repressed she never lets her hair down or she’s just plain


DULL.



It boils down to the fact that I rarely watched the hit show, ER. Except while visiting my mother. Then again, the first time I watched Nightmare on Elm Street was on cable at my mother’s house. At the end, I jumped through the ceiling.

“What the hell is your problem?” asked my mother.

“That was scary as hell,” I responded.

She rolled her eyes. “Stop twitching. What’s with you and that swinging leg?”

Habitually, I swung my free leg, a mood indicator. The three feral dogs we called pets that resided in my mother’s house knew better than to cross me should the tempo exceed 64 beats as per the metronome.

The furor over Julianna Margulies’ character leaving ER catapulted her into stardom. Since I barely remember that tv show, I can’t tell whether the lackluster acting is her acting style or I’m missing out on something.

The Good Wife show is home to fabulous character actors including Christine Baranski, Michael J. Fox, Alan Cumming, Chris Noth, Matthew William Goode, Nathan Lane, Stockard Channing, Maura Tierney, Archie Panjabi and Josh Charles. These characters keep me watching six seasons of episodes about a boring woman who people find fascinating.

Which brings me to my question: is she supposed to be that boring to showcase other actors’ talents?

Perhaps there’s a subtlety that eludes me. Like her facial mannerisms. Although she’s attractive, those zoom-ins on her face don’t clarify things for me. It’s all bland, bland and bland.

Or is it that I’m truly missing out on something?

*sigh*

This may explain many other things in my life.

# # #

No comments: