StatCounter

It’s All in My Head


From the Polish artist, Grzanka Wojciech



I was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. In fact, a cavernous sinus meningioma of the right side. Many people have this tumor and are asymptomatic their entire lives.

Not me.

“Well, that explains everything,” said an acquaintance. “You do realize you’re crazy, right?”

I told my friend, a medical doctor.

“I’ll lend you a terrific book about combatting cancer,” he said.

“I don’t have cancer!” I yelled.

“Honey, you’ve a tumor growing in your brain that affects your balance and presses on your facial nerves. What would you call it?”

“Benign.”

My neuro-ophthalmologist who I’ve seen for the past two years due to symptoms related to the tumor without knowing I had one said after receipt of my MRIs, “This is the best tumor to get. At least it’s slow-growing.”

What a relief.

“Can we operate?”

He shook his head. “It’s in the central part of your brain. You really don’t want anyone to go in there.”

Once the tumor presses on my optic nerves and blinds me, the conversation may be different.

At least I feel vindicated. For years, I stated, “It’s all in my head.”


# # #

No comments: