StatCounter

Watch Out - Sheeples Demonstrating! With A Postscript




Politics [is] the art of achieving the maximum amount of freedom for individuals that is consistent with the maintenance of social order. 




                                         - Barry Goldwater



The quasi-global Women's March only confirms and reinforces the age-old belief that women can't make up their minds. Like, was it an anti-Trump march or for reproductive rights, LGTB, vagina rights or for solidarity?

I hate ambiguity.


Even more so, I hate stupidity. Stupidity mixed with ignorance, self-righteous arrogance.

Which kind of sums up America today. Half of America, that is.

Don't get me going about the pro-Sharia law woman who organized this march. Where's the outrage? Why aren't women upset about genital mutilation, pushing gays off buildings, the status of women as property for men to abuse?

Crickets, my friend, crickets.

Which is why I don't blindly participate. Too much knowledge is not a good thing and ignorance IS bliss.

The other day while seated in a crowded, albeit quiet, waiting room for my doctor, a middle-aged woman on her cellphone yammered so loud she drowned out traffic four miles away.

"Yes, Trump's a lunatic. Mental," she repeated. "Pretty soon, they'll get rid of him." After raging against Trump for a few more minutes, she changed the topic. "Yes, only I do cats' claws, no one else. Not even him. He does the dogs. How dare he quote a rate cheaper than I charge."

This is when I intervened. "Please, lady, lower your voice."

She yells, her version of muttering, in the phone, "Yeah, I'm a little loud."

I wondered what she considered really loud.

She kept going on and on, raising the volume with the introduction of each new topic. And then she said this, "I can't believe my son visited my daughter without telling me! I was supposed to go with him!"


I burst out into laughter knowing precisely why he didn't go with her and shouted, "Hey lady. Please. I know your politics, what you do for a living and where (it was an easy guess in my small town) and your issues with your son. Do I really need to know the details of your life? Stop it already!"

Considering she's a proponent of the anti-Trump movement and a participant of the recent women's march which means a one-way tolerance, she had an attitude while hanging up. 

Which reminded me of this article:


Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic





Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians. 
A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong. 
The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism. 
“The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.
“The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.” 
In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.
The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones.
The erroneous report has been cited 45 times, according to Thomson Reuters Web of Science. 
Brad Verhulst, a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher and a co-author of the paper, said he was not sure who was to blame.
“I don’t know where it happened. All I know is it happened,” he told Retraction Watch, a blog that tracks corrections in academic papers. “It’s our fault for not figuring it out before.”
# # #


PS: A history lesson: Planned Parenthood was the organization created by Margaret Sanger who hated black people. The goal was to sterilize black women so that they could not reproduce. Enough said.

No comments: