StatCounter

Blue Skies, Forever Blue Skies...

I'm a novelist - I write books!
(Amour Anarchy, a Memoir was to the far left outside the shot)


I was kindly invited to participate in a book signing at a local historical society to promote local talent

This is why I gnash my teeth about being self-published and concur that self-published books are mostly shit. 

Except mine, of course.

ha ha ha ha ha

Yet my biggest complaint has nothing to do with arrogant boorish English teachers publishing one book rife with grammatical errors or 'novelists' embarking on second books (to kill off those who believe in the craft of writing) due to the success of sales in their own community because it's about their own community.

It has to do with politics.

Right before the doors opened to the public, in a conversation with the boorish teacher and some others, I said, "I'd like to move to an area with better health care."

The boor snorted and said, "Good luck with that. With Trump, you'll never have health care."

"What are you talking about?"

She snorted again.

I said, "I happen to like Trump and think he's doing an excellent job."

All sound in the room stopped. Birds fell to the ground. The dead came back to life. And the local 'talent' (well, on that side of the room) as one turned to me and attacked me.

Verbally, that is.

The English teacher, whose book consists of love letters, muttered, "Someone should kill our President."

Right then, I feared for my life. To soften their hatred, I said, "Listen, I was a Democrat who converted to Republican when I noticed I voted Republican. Then, the Republicans threw me out when I ate all the lox at a fundraiser." 

That went over like a lead balloon. Needless to say, I didn't make new friends amongst my comrades.

Besides selling a lot of books to some very wonderful people who didn't care that I support Trump, one woman came up to me.


There it is - Amour Anarchy, a Memoir

She picked up a copy of Amour Anarchy, a Memoir from the table and cradled it in her arms. "I purchased this book at your last book signing," she sighed fondly. "I LOVED it. It was WONDERFUL! I lent it to my friend."

And then all was well.





# # #

No comments: